ChArMeD LeGenD °Le ForUm°
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

ChArMeD LeGenD °Le ForUm°

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

message du 2 novembre concernant les votes

AuteurMessage
dark phoebe
Phoebe
Phoebe
dark phoebe

Féminin

message du 2 novembre concernant les votes Empty
MessageSujet: message du 2 novembre concernant les votes   message du 2 novembre concernant les votes EmptyVen 3 Nov - 14:16

Thursday, November 2, 2006
Alyssa Milano's speech introducing Senator Barbara Boxer.
Her thoughts on the importance of voting in this election.

Hello sweet people! Well, as you know, Election Day is only 5 days away. Please get out there and make your voice heard by voting! Here in California, we have some very important propositions on the ballot.

This morning I had the honor of speaking on behalf of the “Yes on Proposition 87” campaign. I also had the honor of introducing Senator Barbara Boxer. We videotaped the event so check back to my site soon for the video. But I thought I’d give you guys a sneak peek by posting my speech.

“As far as I’m concerned, Proposition 87 is the most important proposition on the ballot this year.

As you know, California has the worst air quality in the nation and the highest gas prices. Our unconditional dependence on oil leaves us with only one choice - to import oil from unstable nations.

I’m here to tell you, Proposition 87 will make other choices available. Choices that are cheaper, cleaner, healthier and will be made right here at home, opening up opportunity for new businesses and tens of thousands of good paying jobs.

We have to change the status quo.

-95% of Californians live in areas that fail to meet state and federal air quality standards.

-By the age of 2 months, Los Angeles-area infants have already inhaled enough toxic pollutants to reach the EPA lifetime limit for cancer risk.

This is exactly what Prop. 87 addresses.

If this isn’t enough to get you to vote “yes” on Proposition 87, think about this - oil companies are spending millions – 100 million to be exact - to hide the truth about Proposition 87.

I’ve seen the ads, as I’m sure you have, and they are slick. But they're misleading. Let's get real: do we really believe the oil companies are running all those ads because they care about our gas prices?

They know that oil prices will NOT go up. In fact, Chevron basically admitted last week that Prop 87 will not reduce California’s oil production.

Please don’t be fooled. The “no on 87 campaign” is the oil industry simply trying to keep us dependent on the oil they sell.

On November 7th we will be given a choice. We can choose to continue our debilitating and dangerous dependency on foreign oil in spite of the overwhelming health and environmental repercussions or… we can choose to be leaders and pave the way in solving this inconceivable crisis with Prop 87.

Now, I have the honor to introduce a woman who is an inspiration and a role model to so many Californians. She is a leader and a national champion for our environment and our health. I am so proud that she is in the United States Senate representing our great state.

Please welcome, Senator Barbara Boxer.”

As always, thanks for reading. And please, please, please, don’t forget to vote on November 7th.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://heaven.infos.st

message du 2 novembre concernant les votes
Page 1 sur 1